Hi Bill,

Have you tried performing a soft reset to give your device a completely clean
start.

Press and hold both the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10
seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the
Apple logo appears.
Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
You’ll be back on your home screen.
Then test the alarm timer.

If you’ve installed other third-party alarm apps, try removing them, restart
your device and check to see if it works. These apps may conflict with the
stock Clock app on your device.

Kind Regards,
Ronni

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB