Very erratic Apple Music behaviour though.
My iMac and iPhone use the latest MacOS and iOS.

I downloaded to my iMac from Apple Music 2 days ago.
Singer A = 2 Songs
Singer B = 3 Songs
Singer C = 2 Songs

Then I plugged my iPhone into my iMac and opened Music (on my iMac) to Sync.

Both Songs from Singer A arrived on my iPhone
But nothing arrived on my iPhone from Singers B or C.

I took your advice yesterday and now have 2 of Singer B’s Songs on my iPhone
(not all 3)
And both Songs from Singer C have arrived on my iPhone

Please don’t tell me this is normal for Apple.
I am starting to think “The Dark Side” is involved. IE: Windows !!!

> On 21 Mar 2020, at 4:16 pm, Peter Crisp <petercr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi Stephen, I think it may depend on what iOS you have on the iPhone but for
> some time now Apple Music has been a cloud based metadata library and if you
> download to your iMac from the Apple Music store then yo do indeed have it
> held on the iMac drive. But your library metadata is held in the Apple cloud,
> these songs will appear on your iPhone Music library but with a little cloud
> symbol next to them indicating they’re a part of your library now, but not
> yet downloaded. You can simply download to the iPhone (by tapping the cloud
> symbol) for local playing when out of service areas or on Aeroplane mode.
> Alternatively if you’re at home with infinite download data, just steam it.
>
> Regards
>

> Pete
>
> On 21 Mar 2020, at 1:29 pm, Stephen Chape <chap...@bigpond.com
> <mailto:chap...@bigpond.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks.
>>
>> On my iMac I downloaded from Apple Music some songs from 3 additional
>> artists yesterday.
>>
>> Then on my iMac in Apple Music I selected my iPhone in the left column
>> (iPhone plugged into iMac).
>> Then (as usual) I clicked on “Sync Settings”
>> Then I clicked on the “Music” tab.
>> Then I selected “Artists”
>>
>> Only 1 of the 3 artists appears in the list.
>> The other 2 do not appear in the list, so I cannot tick them ready for
>> syncing ?
>>
>> I have restarted my iMac and my iPhone but those 2 artists still do not
>> appear.
>> Even though they both appear in my iMac Music list.
>>
>> Any ideas very welcome please ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stephen Chape

>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml