Hi Bill,
Quit out of Photos app if you have it open on the Mac
Re-launch Photos app and immediately hold down Command+Option keys
When the Repair Library message appears in the app “You are about to repair the
library “Library Name” – choose “Repair” to start the library repair process
Let the entire process complete before interacting with Photos app, when
finished the library will appear as usual
You can keep track of progress by watching the “Repairing Library” status bar,
the process of repairing a library can be fast or very slow, depending on the
speed of the Mac, the size of the photo library, and numerous other factors. If
you have a large library, be prepared to wait a while.

Kind Regards,
Ronni

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB