Hi Adam,

Yes, I use Outlook – not because I actually have any problem with Apple Mail
but more because I have stuck with Entourage & then Outlook since the days when
Apple Mail wasn’t as good an option. Mainly though, back in the day, I used
email much more at work than at home - and work was generally MS based.

I also got very familiar with setting up various email rules – POP rules, IMAP
rules, server-side rules to direct emails from (at times) up to around 15
different email accounts into various relevant folders. I have less email
accounts to worry about now - but still use rules a lot. Now, no doubt, Apple
Mail would let me achieve all the same things – but I have decades of
experience with the Entourage/Outlook methods – and plenty off learning curves
to ascend as it is, I don’t need to add any more without sufficient reason!

Another plus - recently Georgie decided to replace her (very) old iPhone with
an Android phone – setting up Outlook on the Android phone was pretty much just
the same as on IOS.

As I recently posted, I finally moved to the subscription model for Office and,
regarding the cost, I would also note that my Office 365 subscription covers up
to 6 people and up to 6 TB of cloud storage (1 TB per person) – whereas if you
want more than 5GB/person of iCloud storage you have to pay for it and if you
need more than 200Gb you have to jump to $15/person to get 2TB each. We only
actually use 2 of the 6 – but it still seems OK to me - also, don’t forget, you
can pretty much always find Office 365 subscriptions cheaper than the standard
MS price (I generally use Officeworks).

However, as with all these things, it really depends on what features you
want/need, how you intend to use them and across what spread of
users/devices/operating systems – what works best for me may well be different
to the best solution for other folks – despite marketing department
hopes/assumptions, I doubt there is such a thing as the mythical “typical user”
but even if this mythical creature exists, it sure ain’t me!!

Cheers

Neil