From: wamug@wamug.org.au
Sent:Mon, 29 Jun 2020 09:29:50 +0800
Subject:Re: Music

 Hi
 95% of my music is off cassettes, records and CD’s! I’m not
looking to avoid buying music, or giving it to others so they can
avoid buying it. It’s just the simplicity I had before with iTunes
seems to me to have been removed. I have found solutions to my current
situation, just find the constant changes to shore up their profits
annoying. When I purchased most of my music the costs were excessive
due to their protections, it looks like they are moving towards that
again in one way or another. I was just wondering if there was a
replacement more like iTunes and less like Music.
 Kind regards
 Peter

 > On 29 Jun 2020, at 8:01 am, Peter Crisp  wrote:
 >
 > Hi Marcus, I think if you press the "buy" button on a song or
album, if you're NOT an Apple Music paid subscriber, then you get to
play that song on your apple device/s anywhere and download to your
device to play where you don't have 4G service - but still constrained
to your Apple devices. If you ARE an Apple Music Subscriber, you don't
have to pay or press Buy on anything more for anything in the entire
Music database which Apple manages because your subscription fee
covers ALL music purchases. This does not include movies, it is just
music.

 > It's a similar theme for movies, when you 'buy (rent)' a movie, you
buy the licence to play it for 48 hours (from when you start it) or if
you pay to own the movie, you can play it as many times as you like on
YOUR Apple devices too.

 > Kind Regards
 >

 > Peter Crisp

for it vs renting through Apple Music?
 > Cheers
 >
 > Marcus
 > Marcus Harris
 > Mobile +61417965618
 >

 > On 29 Jun 2020, at 6:55 am, Pete  wrote:
 >
 > Correct Stephen. If you 'buy' your music from Apple, you've
actually only bought the right to play it on an Apple device. You
can't make a CD of it or copy off to any other storage means.

 > I'm sure it's in the fine print.
 >
 > Regards
 >
 > Pete
 >
 > On 28 Jun 2020, at 10:29 pm, Stephen Chape  wrote:
 >
 > Hi Peter.
 >
 > I am not certain about this but ….
 > I think if you bought the music from Apple, there are restrictions
about copying it.

 > On 28 Jun 2020, at 8:45 pm, Peter Curtis  wrote:
 >
 > Hi all
 > Is there an alternative to ‘Music’ on the Mac? I know I’m a
bit behind the times but it appears I can’t access my music like to
put a song on a usb stick to take somewhere?
 > Kind regards
 > Peter
 > Archives -
 > Guidelines -