Hi Peter,

I upgraded straight from Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to El Capitan 10.11.6 on two IMacs
and a laptop. I am currently writing this on the older iMac - a mid 2007 24"
Model identifier 7.1 - so older than your machine -though I do have a bit more
RAM fitted - 6GB (which is the max for this model).

Regarding your software you would need to check all your apps to see what
versions of each are compatible with El Capitan but:

-  Regarding CS3 - no personal experience but check out this discussion (sounds
like you should be OK?)
https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/cs3-on-mac-os-x-el-capitan-10-11-5/td-p/9526794?page=1
-  Regarding Office - I was running Office 2004 - so had to upgrade and decided
to got the Office 365 subscription (see some of my previous posts for reasons)
- One problem I found was that with some Office 2004 Word & Excel docs - where
I had carefully formatted to give a specific pdf format - opening in the latest
Office would change the formatting slightly which was annoying so I ended up
running the offending docs through Office 2011 first.

Just a minute - this is all sounding very familiar - I think you asked the same
question last year which I answered here!! :
https://www.mail-archive.com/wamug@wamug.org.au/msg82377.html

Don't forget the backups!!

Cheers

Neil

On 05/07/20, 16:06, "Peter Faulks"
<wamug.org.au-wamug-boun...@lists.wamug.org.au on behalf of
peterfau...@westnet.com.au> wrote:

    I have
    Model Name:    iMac
       Model Identifier:    iMac9,1
       Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo
       Processor Speed:    2.66 GHz
       Number Of Processors:    1
       Total Number Of Cores:    2
       L2 Cache:    6 MB
       Memory:    4 GB
       Bus Speed:    1.07 GHz
       Boot ROM Version:    IM91.008D.B08
       SMC Version (system):    1.36f3
       Serial Number (system):    WQ9050FJ0TF
       Hardware UUID:    0B8662FA-4D6C-5E43-8003-03E5FF3FC085

    But I use Adobe CS3 (Photoshop, Dreamweaver etc) and Office which I use
    extensively

    will these still run if I upgrade and which upgrade would be most suitable?

    Peter Faulks

    --
    Peter  J Faulks
    BA Soc. Sci,  Grad Dip Ed (Sec), Cert IV AWT, (IAP,  FASSA)

    Unit 1, 9 Newsam Close
    PARKWOOD  WA  6147

    Phone:              +618 9457 0747 (h)
    Peter Mobile:       0416 187 937
    Irene Mobile:       0439 933 404

    Email:      peterfau...@westnet.com.au
    Web Page:  http://www.peterfaulks.net/

disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received the email from your system. If you
are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited.

    Settings & Unsubscribe -
<http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>