Hey Stephen, Interesting that you’ve been looking at Mac sites beyond our
shores.
I have found many influencers trying to spruik issues with Macs on Youtube.
Anyway, I bought the Mac Mini M1 in December and it’s the first desktop since
my 2007 iMac 27.
The issues reported in that macoclock report are real, ,especially if one has
two Bluetooth devices interactive with M1.
However, I searched the official Apple forum and there were a host of users
asking how to fix it., well at least work around it. The “it” being the erratic
behaviour of Apple Magic Mouse and and also the third party Bluetooth keyboard.
Anyway, the latest. forum suggestion was to turn off FileVault in security
preferences.
Bingo- No further issues with Magic Mouse.
I use iCloud and a backup hard drive for important files so it’s not an issue
for me to turn off FileVault. I can see it may well be for others.
The Bluetooth keyboard has two Bluetooth Channels and one is always stable
while the other is not.
So, I’m able to report that M1 is indeed a brilliant Mac and I will be saying
good bye to my 2007 iMac 27 as it’s so very slow and can’t cope with many apps
open at one time.
M1 doesn’t have enough ports for peripherals but third party hubs seem
inexpensive. I’ll likely buy a genuine Apple Bluetooth keyboard as well very
soon.

Cheers
Marcus
Message sent from Marcus's iThing