Hi Adam, sorry for late response on this. I had been using a Time
Capsule with an ethernet connected Airport Express down the end of
house for WiFi extension for my kids - it has been poor at best.
Finally I told my son to do a bit of research and I will look into
anything to consider next option. He looked around and said "What
about the Google Nest mesh solution". I thought about it and figured
no way will that be compatible and still be able to to the Time
Capsule backups at the same time.
Well, have a read of this below.
It actually works really well, from my NBN into the house, the Cat 6
plugs straight into the Nest base point. The Apple Time Capsule then
plugs into the  port of the Nest. Then you set up the two additional
(or one if you just get one) remote mesh wifi points and configure
them using the Google Home app, all very easy. And it just works. And
- my Wifi signal down the back of the house is super quick -
60-70mbps.
Kids are now happy can all concurrently stream as much as they like
with no chattering to the stream.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251071805
It's worth considering.

Kind Regards