Hi Rod,

The video is interesting. She does not say which OS the MacBook is running – it
would have come with, I think, either Catalina or Big Sur – so she may not have
updated to Monterey.

The other thing that was interesting is that she was not actually using the
Command-F2 method that Apple describes to enter Target Display mode – in fact
she says that this does NOT work with her setup – instead she just leaves the
iMac at the login screen and connects up and, at that point, apparently the
Macbook just sees the iMac as an external monitor.

I guess the only way to know for sure if it would work with your machines would
be to buy the cable and see if her method works! (though a future OS update
could still stop it)

Or buy a Luna Display ;o)

Cheers

Neil