I heard that new federal rules were initiated effective last December regarding
this.
Apparently telcos MUST make every effort to prevent phone or email scams
getting to their customers.

But I have NOT seen any evidence of this yet.

It’s like petrol companies failing to purify the fuel they sell.
Even though it causes customer’s cars to fail.

> On 30 May 2022, at 6:44 pm, Daniel Kerr <wa...@macwizardry.com.au> wrote:
>
> Yes unfortunately spam etc is on the increase at the moment. I’m averaging
> around 100+ a day currently across all my email accounts.
> And even if you create rules to try and handle it,…they just change it. (I
> already have a large amount of rules in place that pick up a lot, and does
> help a little).
> Even funnier (if you can say that), is that I get spam to a gmail account I
> have set up - and I never use this account, and have never used it anywhere
> or given it out to anyone,…and yet the only thing it gets,..is spam! So much
> so that I actually disable that account to check regularly. I just log in and
> delete everything.
>
> The world would be a better place if we could all the scammers and spammers
> doing things productive! Would certainly save the $500+ million that
> Australians lose most years to spam/scams.
>
> Kind regards
> Daniel
>
>  Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro 
>
> ---
> Daniel Kerr
> MacWizardry
>
> p : 0414 795 960
> e : <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
> w : <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>

> **For everything Apple**
>
> NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and
> as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry.
> Any information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or
> accept liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this
> email is to be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the
> author be requested.
>
>> On 30 May 2022, at 6:36 pm, Anthony (Tony) Francis <antne...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Daniel
>>
>> We have been deleting them but they just keep coming, recognised easily
>> enough by the English not being correct.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>>
>> Tony
>>
>>> On 30 May 2022, at 18:30, Daniel Kerr <wa...@macwizardry.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, it’s a scam doing the rounds,…trying to get you to pay for something
>>> you never had in the first place,…and/or get credit card details off you.
>>> (The charge anything and everything under the sun to your card,…) :)
>>> Like any spam,…can just be deleted and ignored.
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Daniel
>>>
>>>  Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro 
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Daniel Kerr
>>> MacWizardry
>>>
>>> p : 0414 795 960
>>> e : <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
>>> w : <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>>>

>>> **For everything Apple**
>>>
>>> NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and
>>> as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of
> [...]

Regards
Stephen Chape

Mac by choice
Windows because my employer knew no better