From: <wamug.org.au-wamug-boun...@lists.wamug.org.au> on behalf of "Anthony
(Tony) Francis" <antne...@mac.com>
Date: Wednesday, 13 July 2022 at 13:28
To: WAMUG <wamug@wamug.org.au>
Subject: Re: [WAMUG] Hi all.

    Thank you Neil

    I’ll give it a go, the Video’s that I want to open and forward are of
sentimental value to my best friend that recently lost his Wife, so I’m
thankful for any help and advice.

    Kind Regards

    Tony
    Boddington

    > On 13 Jul 2022, at 13:13, Neil Houghton <n...@possumology.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi Tony,
    >
    > I often find with various downloaded videos that OSX (Quicktime) won't
play them directly. Whilst, if you want Quicktime compatibility, there are
various programs that will convert from the original format to MP4 (good for
Quicktime), I find that the free app VLC will play most formats without
conversion.

(OSX, windows, IOS, etc).  You can find here:  https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

"Anthony (Tony) Francis" <antne...@mac.com>
    > Date: Wednesday, 13 July 2022 at 12:00
    > To: WAMUG <wamug@wamug.org.au>
    > Subject: Re: [WAMUG] Hi all.
    >
    >    Good Morning
    >
    >    Thank you for the continued information regarding the Disc Drive, as I
won’t be going to either Mandurah or Perth for a week or two I tried something
else for now, I used an old Mac, loaded the Video from the Disc to a Memory
Stick, put the memory stick into my current Mac 2020 running MacOs Monterey. I
was unable to play the Video on my current Mac as the file? wasn’t recognised,I
was asked to choose an application to play the Video, that’s where I came
unstuck, I couldn’t find an App that would play the Video, so my question is,
what App will recognise and play the older Video’s, I have plenty of Home
Movies that I would love to be able to share amongst friends and family.

<http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>