Hi Graham and Maureen,

>   At the next week’s meeting could we discuss the following new features
>   on Safari:
>     * tab group enhancements;
>     * tabs in the side bar;
>     * website settings sync; and
>     * strong password editing.

If you are going to discuss Safari, how about adding the security feature that
stops Safari from being able to take a link to a file on another local
(mounted) disk on your network. I can't attend the meetings (live too far away)
but I'd love to find out how this is supposed to work. We are running Monterey,
and can't get Safari to open link of the type file:///Volumes/[mounted network
disk URL] without a bit of messing around.

The theory is that you go to the Develop menu and check "Disable local file
restrictions", but that doesn't work straight up.

You CAN open the files if you use  "open" from the file menu, if you type in
the URL, or if you double-click on the file and it is set to open with Safari.
After that, provided   "Disable local file restrictions" is checked, you can
navigate using links to the networked disk. It seems to need a direct access
first to trigger it to accept the networked links.

We've had to set up an alias to a dummy file on the networked disk that we
double-click first to open Safari in a state where we can use it across the net!

Cheers, Kaye