http://www.thejakartapost.com/detaileditorial.asp?fileid=20060302.F04&irec=5

Foreigners and property

I read with interest your article Calls grow for foreign property
ownership in The Jakarta Post on Feb. 28.

As an Indonesian working with foreigners, I find it amazing that our
government does not allow foreigners to buy property on an equal basis
with citizens.

My uncle (an Indonesian citizen) recently purchased a very nice
three-bedroom house in Singapore without any problems at all. So if we
can buy property so easily overseas, why can't people from overseas
buy property here?

It is not like all of a sudden, hundreds of thousands of foreigners
will rush to buy property in Indonesia.

Also, I was amazed with the Indonesian Real Estate Association
recommending that foreign nationals only be "allowed" to purchase
newly built property.

It is a well-known fact that property bought "off-the-plan" is much
more expensive than second-hand homes or hotels.

With citizens of other countries helping us in Aceh, and so many
international NGOs here, what kind of message are we sending to
non-citizens, who happen to live here in Indonesia?

Is it only deemed acceptable to sell them property if it is at
inflated prices?

DENI A RAHMAN
Jakarta

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/aYWolB/TM

This mailing list has a special spell casted to reject any attachment ....
Yahoo! Groups Links