Oppose Your Ego
Mawlana Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani ar Rabbani
  Zawiyah Michigan USA, 2006

A disciple (murid) of Sayyidina Khalid al-Baghdadi a saint of the Golden Chain
who passed away some 200 years ago and is buried in Damascus was sent to Hajj
by his Shaykh.  His Shaykh told him to look for something specific, but he did
not find it when he was there.  However, he heard that there was an unbeliever
in Bombay who had miraculous powers and could do everything that you asked him
to do.

  The disciple was upset:  he had been with his Shaykh dozens of years and he
could not do any anything miraculous.  How did that unbeliever, who was neither
following the Way nor even following Isl¨¡m, have miraculous powers? I am going
back to my Shaykh to tell him, O my Shaykh, you sent me to look for a saint,
and I found an unbeliever who has miraculous powers, while we cannot do
anything! What is this teaching? This is reality for us:  we come and sit with
Mawla Shaykh Nazim for hours and hours, and we are not benefiting for a reason
which is coming presently.

  The disciple went and told his Shaykh about his doubts.  Sayyidina Khalid
answered, O my son, dont get the wrong impression.  You would be making a
mistake.  I shall give you the answer tomorrow."  That night, Sayyidina Khalid
was in India in one second by saying In name of God, The Merciful, The
Compassionate - Bismillahi'r-Rahmani 'r-Rahim."  That is another power which
Mawlana Shaykh Nazim is not using.  The shaykhs have freed their spiritual
powers from the cage of their bodies.  Now the spirit can take the body with
it, whereas before, the spirit went only where the body took it.  They move by
putting their body inside their spirit, not vice-versa:  thus travel is
possible in one second, wherever the spirit goes.  As he came to the door of
that person in India, he again put back his spirit into his physical body, and
thus appeared there.

The man from Bombay was waiting at his door. He was a monk of another faith.
He said:  O my Shaykh, I knew that you were coming through my power, and I
ordered a Muslim lady to prepare a meal for you as I know that you do not eat
of our food."  They sat opposite each other.  Before saying anything to him,
Sayyidina Khalid al-Baghdadi said to him Recite the Testification of Faith, the
shahadah, now.
  The monk sat in silence concentrating on his heart for half an hour, in
meditation, while Sayyidina Khalid al-Baghdadi did not say anything.  After
half an hour, the monk raised his head. He then said, Ashhadu an la ilaaha
illallah wa ashhadu anna Muhammadur-Rasulullah."  Before this he possessed all
sorts of worldly miraculous powers; as soon as he recited the Testification of
Faith, he received miraculous heavenly powers.

  Sayyidina Khalid asked him, Why did you wait half an hour in unbelief when
you knew that belief was Reality. He said:  O my Shaykh, I am very sorry, but
for twenty-five years I have not done anything without asking my Shaykh." "Who
is your Shaykh?"
He said, "My Shaykh is my ego. For every matter, I have to ask my ego and see
what it will tell me. Whatever it tells me, I do the opposite, for I know the
ego is only seeking destruction of the soul. After I got an answer from my ego,
I recited the Testification of Faith.

  "O my Shaykh, for 25 years, whatever my ego told me to do when I asked for
its advice, I did the opposite.  Now, when I asked it what I should do, whether
I should take the Testification of Faith, or not, my ego told me: ' 'Are you
crazy? Are you going to go down to the bottom step and climb all the way up
again? You are crazy! Be aware of this! Never give the Testification of Faith!'
And I was fighting with my ego whether to say or not.  Since my ego insisted
not to say it, I decided to say it.

  Sayyidina Khalid said: When you said it, you received heavenly powers.  We do
not depend on wordly powers.  Wordly power is for Satan."  When you see
non-Muslims or Muslims who are not keeping Islam, that can perform miraculous
feats, you must know that this is worldly power.  Satan and devils can do this
easily:  walking on water, going through fires, walking on nails, penetrating
through walls.  This is not dependable.  We need heavenly powers, and they come
from the light of the heart.
  We need to love everyone as we love ourself.  That is what we need truly.  We
need to respect everyone.  We need to be helpful with everyone, humble towards
everyone.

  Be aware of this, and you will find that heavenly powers are open in front of
you.
  The next day, Sayyidina Khalid went back to his association of hundreds of
scholars, disciples and students in Damascus, and he said to them: I have been
teaching you for forty or fifty years, and no one is doing something to tame
his ego.  That unbeliever was able to gain miraculous powers wordly powers
because he was doing something against his ego.  You I have told to fight your
ego, to kill your ego, to be good servants, and you are not accepting.  For
that reason heavenly powers are never going to be opened for you. Take this
story into consideration and be good servants.  And from God is all success.

  Wa min Allah at Tawfiq.
  wassalam, arief hamdani
www.mevlanasufi.blogspot.com

  SPECIAL EVENTS AT JAKARTA - BANDUNG, 29 Maret - 9 April 2006
SouthEast Asia Sufi Healing Meditation Tour

Southeast Asia Tour 2006, Sufi  Meditation of Body Mind & Soul
Teaching from Ilm Haqq: Knowledge of the Truth
Power of Sound Therapy: Chanting/ Dhikr
by Mawlana Syaikh Nurjan from Los Angeles, USA

  Email Representatives for Dates and Locations
Br. Jibreel [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Arief Hamdani  [EMAIL PROTECTED] HP 0816 830 748

  From the Teaching and Guidance of Mawlana Shaykh Hisham Qabbani al Haqqani
al-Rabbani Instructor : co-Author "The Healing Power of Sufi Meditation"
www.nurmuhammad.com As-Sayed Nurjan MirAhmadi

  More than a decade ago he was found by his Master. Since then he has been
traveling and learning and teaching traditional practices of Sufism extensively
all over the world under the direct guidance and supervision of Shaykh Hisham
al Qabbani. Since then As-Sayed Nurjan MirAhmadi has been burning in the fire
of ecstasy from the love of Prophet and his Saints.

  As Sayed Nurjan brings these ancient knowledges and practices of spirituality
back to the seekers of a New Age in the context of the extreme materialism of
today blended with his wonderful sense of humor. His style is to teach without
teaching. He is an avid reader and a huge lover of spiritual music.

  wassalam, arief hamdani
For schedule at Location
  HP 0816 830 748

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/aYWolB/TM

This mailing list has a special spell casted to reject any attachment ....
Yahoo! Groups Links