Ground Zero;American Muslims represent the best opportunity to fight Islamist
radicalizatio

"To put it bluntly, Ground Zero is the one place in America where Muslims
should think less about teaching Islam and `our good side' and more about being
American and fulfilling our responsibilities to confront the ideology of our
enemies… Are we Americans who happen to be Muslim or Muslims blindly demanding
to be American?

American Muslims will be better served if this project is built further away
from Ground Zero and focuses on leading a reform effort. If we help build
anything at the WTC site itself, it should be timeless memorials to all those
who lost their lives on 9/11 — memorials to blind to faith, race, creed, or
national origin…

We need to focus our efforts more transparently on teaching Muslim youth that
the American concepts of liberty and freedom are preferable to sharia and the
Islamic state. American Muslims represent the best opportunity to fight
Islamist radicalization not because we understand Islam but because we have
experienced and understood what American liberty provides to the Muslim
experience."

http://www.irshadmanji.com/home

Kirim email ke