Refleksi : Srilanka yang mayoritas penduduknya beragama Buddha mempunyai
sekolah internasional di Arab Saudia.  NKRI yang memiliki Depag, MUI, FPI, MMI,
SI, JI serta satu juta TKI di sana, apakah juga mempunyai sekolah internasional
di Arab Saudia? hehehe

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article81415.ece

Bright Lankan students honored

Amna Ashraff presents a memento to most senior teacher Mohammed Nazeer during
the function in Riyadh. (AN photo)

By MD RASOOLDEEN | ARAB NEWS

Published: Jul 9, 2010 00:14 Updated: Jul 9, 2010 00:19

RIYADH: Staff, students and parents of the Sri Lankan International School in
Riyadh celebrated on Monday a night of awards and commendations at the Sitteen
Palace Hotel.

Twenty-six students, including a dozen girls, received their graduation
certificates from Sri Lankan Ambassador Ahmed A. Jawad at the ceremony.

"It's really a sad occasion since we are leaving an institution where we
learned our classroom and moral lessons from our teachers," said Amna Ashraff,
one of the graduating students, who said she plans to become a doctor,
"insha-Allah." Ashraff presented a memento to Mohammed Nazeer, the seniormost
teacher of the institution, in appreciation of his services. "If it were not
for the teachers we would not have reached this level," said Amna.

Akmal Sameem, one of the other graduating students, said she thinks it's the
duty of every student to bring honor to the school by advancing his or her
education.

"I want to do my bachelor's in commerce at a Malaysian university," he said. "I
would like to be a finance director in some firm."

The ambassador offered his own word of advice to the students.

"Discipline, punctuality, respect for elders and appreciation for a strong work
ethics by valuing what your parents are going through to make sure you have a
good future are basic values paramount to future success," said Jawad.

A.L.M. Hashim, chairman of the board of management of the school, said the
institution - Sri Lanka's first international school - was established on Sept.
17, 1988 with five teachers and 20 pupils. Since then the numbers have grown to
75 teachers and 850 students.