Dear Erica,
I am not sure if I'm misunderstanding your question, anyway here are some
answers based on what I think you might need:

- the initial projections are generated by the interface code (e.g.
pw2wannier90) so you should try to have them printed there. Anyway, their
analytical form is tabulated in the user guide so you should be able to create
their numerical representation on a grid yourself.

- Those, anyway, are just the starting point of the Wannierisation. The code
computes the WFs and then uses the minimised U matrices (unitary transforms),
and the UNK files from the ab-initio code (periodic part of the Kohn-Sham
wavefunctions) to plot the final WFs in real space (there is a flag in the
input to have W90 print the xsf files, or also in cube format). The flags, and
the detailed specification of the format of the various files, is explained in
detail in the Wannier90 user guide.

- if what you want is just the numerical data in the XSF (so, the Wannier
functions in real space), you can just open and parse the XSF file, the numbers
are in there (the XSF format is well documented, just google for 'xsf
specification'). There might even be codes around that already parse it,
probably.

Best,
Giovanni

P.S.: remember to sign your emails with your affiliation

--
Giovanni Pizzi
Theory and Simulation of Materials and MARVEL, EPFL

On 28 Oct 2020, at 19:40, Erica Kotta <eck...@nyu.edu<mailto:eck...@nyu.edu>>