Dear Chandan,

Sure, the electrons interact with the electric field, and hence the Wannier functions shift. In other words, the field breaks the symmetry the pins the centers of the WFs to the atoms.  There is not option to fix the center precisely.

However, It is suspicious that the spread changes too much? If you start gradually increasing the field, do the spreads change continuously, or is there a jump. If there is a jump, then probalby there is some issue with wannierization, e.g. windows need to be adjusted.

Regards,

Stepan.