In a message dated 7/25/2000 7:01:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<me> They ought to make it a rule that the only way you can kill
someone in a war is if you can look into their eyes first. >

<Al> Ah, yes. The bayonet charge. You not only get to look in his
eyes you get to hear his blood gurgling out. Axes can be put to good
use as well. >>
========
(Hollywood producer, right?)

I wasn't thinking about bayonet charges or blood gurgling ... I was
thinking about putting a face on your "enemy" which would make
you aware that you were killing another human being ... someone
very much like yourself. Killing at that level of contact is not as
easy as the movies and TV have led us to believe.

Lawana