Shop smart at uBid.com, where you set the price.
Thousands of top brands in computers and electronics.
Save up to 70 percent off retail!
http://click.topica.com/aaaauXb1dhdKb1tdRUa/uBid

In a message dated 8/1/00 4:44:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Anyone following the Rep. Convention in the US?
>
>  I guess I'm guilty of not following it at all... but I could have sworn
>  that Colin Powell had supposedly distanced himself from George W. Bush..
>  yet he sure gave one heck of a speech at the convention (switching
>  channels, I popped in just as it was going on :))
>
>  What's the story???

I have heard the story from some radio blabberers, attributed vaguely to
sources in the Bush camp, that Powell will be Sec. of State in the new Bush
administration. Sounds good to me. An announcement of that just before
Comrade Gore gives his acceptance speech at the Democrat convention would
take the headlines, putting the Dems in the shade for a few days.

Al