OrderBox - Shop anywhere for books (and everything else)
Pay your price or less. Guaranteed!
Get a $100.00 CREDIT!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaQpb1dhdKb1tdRUa/OrderMarket

(JJ)I wonder what Jill thinks about women not taking orders as well as men,
and thus not functioning as well as men in combat.  If that were true, it
would sure make a good argument for keeping women out of the military.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in the "men and women are fundamentally
different" mantra. To the extent that there are differences, I would suggest
they are more like propensities. Now, might these propensities mean that
different levers would be more effective in adapting women to the military
and combat? Perhaps. However, it could be that the motivations necessary to
get women to fit in might make them BETTER than men in combat. They
certainly do not suggest anything in my mind to rule out all of the cloven
from serving their country.

The argument against full integration of women in the military that always
chaffs me is the one that says the military is not a place for social
experimentation, so stop trying to change things. Well, excuse me, but how
is the military NOT a series of social experiments? How else do you get a
normally life loving youth to have the inclination to charge a machine gun
nest? Or conform to any of the other norms, etc.? And how, by the way, can
you consider maintaining the significant work of an institution as single
sex NOT a social experiment?

Harumph!

Jill