Sponsored by VeriSign - The Internet Trust Company
What all your customers want: secure online shopping. Get VeriSign's
Secure Site Seal and 128-bit SSL encryption on your site! FREE Guide!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaPgb1dhdKb1tdRUa/Verisign

On Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:08:13 -0800 Jackson Jeffrey W 1stLt AAC/INA
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> --- Support our Sponsor ------------------------------------
> Want a voice in shaping the Internet community? Tell us who
> has the best and worst Website. Join the cPulse Website Advisory
> Panel. Earn rewards, speak your mind.
> http://click.topica.com/aaaaOdb1dhdKb103CHa/InsightExpress
> I wish I knew how to color code my response to the text I copied here,
and will use the word REPLY, to distinguish my response from what I
copied.

> (JJ) Do you think militaries are instruments of death and
>  destruction only, and offer no benefit to the world?
>
> (CS) This question deserves an answer.  Just yesterday a TV
> <tirade that follows snipped for brevity>  REPLY> If you are going to
argue my statements, please don't snip them out and than misrepresent
what I said.  Women can take orders as well as a man, but that are not as
easy to control.
> (CS) Women being equal to men by being as men, put the world at
> greater risk.
>
>   (JJ) Are you, by chance, using emotion in place of fact?  Or has all
of
> what you  said been substantiated?
    Reply>  What emotion do you think my statement implies or elicits?
    However, I should either support my statement with accepted research
or say it is  only  my opinion.   For now I will say it is my only my
opinion.

>     (JJ)I wonder what Jill thinks about women not taking orders as well
as
> men,   thus not functioning as well as men in combat.  If that were
true,
> it would  sure make a good argument for keeping women out of the
military.
    REPLY> Back to my objection of you omitting my words> I didn't say
women don't take orders as well men.  I said they are not as easy to
control.  There is a difference, and yes, this difference may be an
argument for keeping women out of military service, if someone wants to
argue failure to exercise individual judgements makes a better army.  I
bet some would make that argument.  The difference also protects our
liberty.

> (JJ)  Do you think militaries are instruments of death and
>  destruction only, and offer no benefit to the world?  Reply> My father
has been a NASA consultant and recently has been consulting on the Star
Wars project that for some reason the Clinton administrations denies.  I
think native Americans would have been better off if they kept Europeans
off their land, and if the Jews in Germany had been as armed as people in
this country, maybe the Nazis wouldn't have found them such easy victims.
 I think weapons in the hands of people who don't think, isn't such a
good idea and threatens the world.  Check out the crews on nuclear subs,
who believe if they go into action, it will be the end of the world, and
yet they are committed to following orders.
This willingness to follow human orders, does not make the world save.
These subs are instruments of death and destruction that could end life
on earth, and I do not think desiring this military might is sane.  I
think men get off on this stuff, the same as that get off on stereo
equipment and nice cars.  THAT IS MY OPINION.