LOWEST AIRFARE IN THE SKY - Deep discounts: cruises, hotels,
international travel, vacations, cars. Connect to thousands
of travel agents competing for your business. Hot NEW site!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaRKb1dhdKb1tdRUa/Imandi

they seem to envelop a different spirit, that of
protection and defense of their ideals,
Above was part of the wording that I used, and I didn't place gender on it
either, You seem to have romanticised the idea of war with some sex God
analagy. I don't, I also don't have this obsession or derive passion from
blood thirsty tyrants. I don't find your response to warriors as a
mobilising force. Personally, I probably have a little idealism left in me,
where I believe that war is a last resort, and nobody wants their sons OR
daughters, Husbands OR wives to be killed. BUT, the concept of war today, is
more defensive mechanism, than that of which you speak. They were
territorial dominations. As for Yugoslavia, the war there was teritorial and
cultural and a  lot of other things, but it has not been glorified, if
anything, it has faced condemnation.
The gulf war, again faced condemnation, it was not glorified, so I don't see
the mobilising affect that you relate. I don't see Israel / Palestine
conflict as mobilsing nations, if anything it is bringing nations across the
globe to negotiations for peace. I suppose that it why I see the military in
a defensive capacity, rather than the glorified excitement that you
perceive.
I think that a number of veterans or even patriots would feel offended by
your view that wars have been fought for nothing. I don't see WWII as being
fought for nothing. And while I have a great problem with Vietnam, there was
a principle, freedom.. the foundation of lib / dem societies.. the principle
which allows you or I to say what we feel. That principle alone, while not
total justification, or legitimation for war, was the underlying factor
which propelled govt and military. They were attempting to defend freedom,
the only problem was, that where they were defending it, it didn't want
them..
The reality, as I see it, is that the military are willing to put their life
on the line for their beliefs, while a number of others are willing to put
other's lives on the line for THEIR beliefs.
maree

From: "CAROL lSEATPL SEATON"
> As woman I think those Roman soldiers are very sexy.  Genghis Khan and
> Attila the Hun excite my blood too.  The huge terra cotta army buried in
> China long ago, is so impressive.  And my heart quickens when I read of
> Greek and Celtic warriors.  I wonder, if women didn't have such a
> response to warriors, would it be so easy to mobilize nations to war?
>
> And I am woman, the daughter, wife and mother.  Women have a history of
> opposing wars as well as a history of fighting wars.  What we don't talk
> about when we speak of war, is the women and children and their heroism.
> I was watching when we saw the Vietnam conflict live on TV and a mother
> ran down the road with her baby in her arms.  The camera man did a close
> up on the baby's tiny limp hand.  Please, do not tell me what men are
> doing is protecting!  In spirit I am that woman running with her baby in
> her arms.
> I would rather give my life to defend my son, than send him to war.
> Please, do not tell this way of handling human differences is protecting!
>
> We don't speak much of the civilizations that win wars only to fall a
> short time later.  Except for George Bush,   we don't usually brag about
> being what we fought against, but George Bush was right.  We are the New
> World Order, and that means we have fought every war for nothing.  It was
> all tragic insanity.
>
> Athena, is my goddess and she carries the Sword of Justice.  If men think
> they are protecting something when they go to war, let them name it and
> let us explore the reality.  I think we might find, a similarity between
> warriors and two bucks fighting over a doe.

>     referrer name = john_t    Check it out! It works!

> T O P I C A  http://www.topica.com/t/17
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Your Favorite Topics

Make eTour.com your Web start page, and you’ll see a
different site matched to your interests every time you log
onto the Web! Sign up for your free membership now.
http://click.topica.com/aaaaQnb1dhdKb1tdRUc/eTour