Title: all of it

You've never answered my question--do militaries offer ANY benefit to the world?

Jeff

Yes, they do, They hav the capacity to harness something that a lot of people don't even come close to.
National spirit!! They also tend to be th eprotectors, In this instance I am NOT referring to Sth American forces
Furthermore, it may be argued that if not for the military there would be chaos,
But on the other hand you can look to the detrimental affects, as in totalitarian, dictatorships, etc... They are
the ones who demonstrate the abuses of power. Look to the forces who went into WWI and WWII.
Some may consider the military as men/women playing war games, But it is more than that. They develop
strategies, forces that support people in times of disaster. I know that here the defense forces wre used in
times of flood, cyclones, earthquakes, rescues, etc.. because they have a force maintained to support the community as
well as defense. In looking at what the military is good for, ALL issues have to be addressed, such as the development
of pride in oneself's own abilities, the temawork and bonds developed through training. You cannot just look at
the detracting events. The military defends the ideas that western democracy is based on, and without them,
and the families who gave their lives for freedom and justice, NOT just those who abuse power. Because, wihtout
the military there would be more abuses of power, and there would be generations growing up without the benefit
of the experience that being involved in military would teach them.
maree

Imagine a credit card with a 0% introductory APR on purchases (for
complete pricing information and important terms and conditions,
please click on the link below).   Apply now for an Aria Visa!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaIjb1dhdKb1tdQUd/Aria
    referrer name  john_t    Check it out! It works!