Take the guesswork out of genealogy. Go to Ancestry.com today and
sign up for your free 14-day trial. Use the site risk free and enjoy
the No. 1 Source for Family History Online. Begin your trial today!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaSgb1dhdKb1tdRUa/MyFamily_com

>From: JS Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>(TH)The Florida Supreme Court violated that by arbitrarily changing the law
>and setting new standards... in essence, stealing the power that belongs to
>the Florida Legislature.
>
>Have you never heard of contesting an election? Recall, prior to
>certification, that the Bush team was saying that Gore should not block the
>certification, because from there he could contest? Now, the argument is
>that the election has been certified and nothing can be done. Tremendous.
>There are statutes for hand recounts, and there are methods for contesting
>elections.

Yes, but the FL SC is not following the statutes.  It arbitrarily set its
own standards.

>(TH)"...the Electors shall be chosen by the State Legislatures" not the
>courts.
>
>The courts aren't selecting the electors. They are merely directing the
>county canvassing boards to count votes. Vast difference.

OK.  Well then, why do *you* think the U.S. Supreme Court intervened?

>(TH)BTW, a poll shows that ~60% of Americans want the counting to stop and
>the Florida State Legislature to just select a bank of Electors.
>
>Remember the exit polls that put Gore ahead? If we are going to make
>decisions based on polls....

Well, don't you support Democracy?  What's more Democratic than a poll?

Anyway, I was merely pointing out what the current opinions are.  I don't
believe in Democracy.  I think we should follow the Law.

Troy

Imagine a credit card with a 0% introductory APR on purchases (for
complete pricing information and important terms and conditions,
please click on the link below).   Apply now for an Aria Visa!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaIjb1dhdKb1tdRUc/Aria