Title: RE: {W&P} Make it a rule ....
eTour is your personal web tour guide, matching the best sites
with your interests.  eTour is free and easy, and you can earn
rewards discovering great new sites. Visit today!
http://click.topica.com/aaaaQmb1dhdKb1tdRUb/eTour

> Why would the USSR attack the United Sates?

(JJ) I'm sure there are several reasons.  The most basic is that they thought we threatened their interests, just as we thought they threatened ours.  The fact that we almost went to war several times during that period illustrates my point.

While, I believe that the USSR was seen as a threat to western democracy, it was not going to invade the US. They aimed at spreading communism across the globe, but also argued that it would be an international revolution agaisnt capitalism. On its own Russia would be unable to take on capitalism and the US, they new it and so did the US. Stalin also reconciled that cmmunism was not going to become an international form of sosiety. He realised that it was USSR against the rest, so aimed at protection and military defense, not attack.

(JJ) Are you suggesting that Russia took no actions that could unequivocally be viewed as threatening to the US--even to sovereign US soil?

I would not suggest that either. But the game was who could out manoeuvre whom, and both of them knew the others capability. try recent released CIA docs.

maree

    referrer name  john_t    Check it out! It works!
/=-=-=-=-Click Here & Support Our Sponsor-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=\
Imagine a credit card with a 0% introductory APR on purchases (for
complete pricing information and important terms and conditions,
please click on the link below).   Apply now for an Aria Visa!
http://click.topica.com/aaaa3Lb1dhdKb1tdRUd/Aria