Does your child struggle in school? Discover Sylvan Learning
Centers and get $100 off enrollment, $25 off a Skill
Assessment, or a FREE video.
http://click.topica.com/aaaavpb1dhdKb1tdRUa/SylvanLearning

\

> I would feel more confident about what you belief is true about resources
> and our economy if I knew you read "GeoDestinies- The inevitable control
> of Earth resources over nations and individuals".  You can read what is
> said about this book by going to Capstone.edu/geodest

MY1VICE - Well, there are lots of books out there that say a lot of
things...One source does not a fact make....But I will check it out, thanks.

> Why do you object to references of the past?  I am not aware of a big
> difference between the 200 years of United States history and the 200
> years of other countries' rise and decline.  We do have the advantage of
> knowing thousands of years of history, but we seem to fail to take
> advantage of this resource of knowledge.  Have you consider there maybe a
> difference between smart and wise?

MY1VICE - I didn't mean that we are smarter now.  I meant that with our
level of communication, diplomacy and negotiations are a more powerful
weapon than in previous times.

> With a national debt of $31 trillion, and increasing trade deficit,
> dependency on foreign oil and economy dependent on oil, and million
> dollar bombs, how long do you think we will brag about our economic
> might?  How old were you during the recession?  CS

MY1VICE - 31 Trillion?  Where did you hear that?  Well, the debt doesn't
really concern me.  Balance the budget and the debt will go away
(eventually).

After thinking about it, I guess I am part of the problem.  I like my luxury
items, and am not really concerned about the long term.  My main political
interest is abolishing the Capital Gains Tax.  I am very consevative and you
would probably consider me socially irresposible.

As to recessions and stock index ebbs and flows....You can make money even
when it's a bear market.  And if things really tank, I'll move to Belize and
sit on the beach and fish til I am old and grey.  Sorry to be flipant.  But
there are a lot of people out there who spend too much time thinking about
the "end of civilization as we know it".  Just look at the recent Y2K
"scare".  Truth to be told people like doom and gloom on the horizon.  It
eases the woes of their lives, which may not be as exciting.

But, I will read that book you mentioned.  I maybe have different opinions
than you, but I listen to all sides.
Thanks, and have a good weekend!

>     referrer name = john_t    Check it out! It works!

> T O P I C A  http://www.topica.com/t/17
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Your Favorite Topics

eTour is your personal web tour guide, matching the best sites
with your interests.  eTour is free and easy, and you can earn
rewards discovering great new sites. Visit today!
http://click.topica.com/aaaa5Ab1dhdKb1tdRUc/eTour