Become a Fool! Learn how to invest, get out of debt, and
retire early. Register for free with The Motley Fool and
receive our FREE “13 Steps to Investing Foolishly” Guide.
http://click.topica.com/caaaeyNb1dhdKb1tdRUa/MotleyFool

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: SV: {W&P} Poor People

> In a message dated 12/7/01 3:47:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << --If so, OK! But do you really mean that no one is living under the
> minimum of what is, in USA, considdered minimum standard? >>
> ______________________________________
> Sure -- lots of folks ...
>
> I was raised in a home that was considered to be "below minimum standard" ...
> what a shock it was when I found that out!
>
> I remember, I was watching the news one night and they gave a report about
> the poverty level and what the cut-off line was ... Well, I knew what my
> mother made an hour so I did some quick math! ..... <gasp!> We were living in
> poverty!
>
> I had no idea! There was always plenty of food, my clothes were nice, I lived > in a
>nice house, rental, but very nice, with wonderful landlords. The bills
> were all paid on time. Granted, if I wanted cookies, I had to bake them ...
> no soda pop -- Kool-Aid, and most of the stuff advertised for kids I never
> got because we couldn't afford it ... but I'd hardly consider myself
> underprivileged.
>
> And you have to stop and consider just what is meant by "minimum standards"
> too. I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it includes
> having at least 1 color TV, 1 car, (actually, that's probably a minimum of 2
> cars not 1 ... I can't even remember the last time I met someone who had only
> 1 vehicle!) and a host of other things considered minimum requirements in
> this country that folks in most other countries would consider luxuries.
____________________________________

I agree with that there are differences in how to handle a situation. Just to obtain
and live a normal life can be done in many was, and the people that can handle money
have no problem living a reasonable life. I know, that's what I do as pensioned and
singel, and I have no problems to make the ends meet.

Then there are people who can not handle money. It doesn't matter what sums they are
free to spend it's never enogh and they fail misserably trying to live in an
restricted personal economy while others seems to get along reasonably in the same
cirkumstances.

Can they really be on social wellfare and still own a car?

Claes
§( :8-)

For a LIMITED TIME, you will receive a no obligation credit
restoration analysis by phone from a reputable credit
professional. DISCOVER options for removing negative marks
from your credit report and improving your credit rating.
To take advantage of this FREE offer, click here now:
http://click.topica.com/caaaeC8b1dhdKb1tdRUf/eCreditRepair