Claes Persson wrote:
> [...]
--------------------------------

Americans who commit war crimes will not go free, nor will the US be in
violation of international law.

National sovereignty isn't a dead concept. No international body can
lawfully force a duly constituted, internationally recognized country to
give up control of its internal affairs  and jurisdiction over its own
citizens while they are in their own country.

The US is not going to join the International Crimnal Court. That's a
sovereign nation's choice to make for itself.

If any other country or internation body wishes to prosecute a US
citizen they can petition our courts and work through the extradition
process that has existed for years.

Your "tribalsm" theme, while interesting, is a bit beyond my reach. I'm
afraid my mundane mind doesn't stray far beyond the nuts-and-bolts of
today's politics. I'm probably a primitive tribsman myself.  ;-)

Al Winslow