Claes Persson wrote:
> [...]

Well said, Claes.  I was expecting some logical responses from you on
this topic, and your replies confirm my suspicions... that you are the
normal one on this List.

Seems... everyone needs a photocopy of this or that and not realizing
that the finished paper, pulp, tree, soil, water, sunshine have got to
come from somewhere.  Sumatra (plus neighboring isles of Indonesia) is
being deforested to feed the appetites of Japan and China.  Europe and
the USA deforest the Cameroon and French Guyana and Brazilian rain
forests for their paper appetites.

For every Sunday Edition of USA newspapers, 500,000 trees are felled and
only 150,000 are replaced.  We can thank the Hearst Family for this
contribution to the Resource Deficit of divide-and-conquer.

The Hemp Plant is the natural answer, and is a renewable resource, and
high-paying jobs would be the net result.  Farmers would have a
$200-per-acre payout after taxes, the tractors would run on hemp-fuel
(non-polluting) and too boot, the tractor would be made from hemp fiber,
for the most part.  Remember, Henry Ford, constructed a car made from
hemp fibers.

In the olden days, pre-1937, hemp fiber was the wave of the future...
until Mr. Randolph Hearst decided/mandated that His Newspapers would be
printed from Tree Pulp and Not from Hemp Pulp.  Millions of jobs could
be had from Hemp Production (plant-based), but this would require the
Government to rescind the War On Drugs, namely Marijuana (Hemp Cousin)
to bring about the Sea-Change necessary.

And me thinks this is doubtful, considering the Democrat and Republican
Party politics playing-off against one another.  Both political parties
are rotten and nothing will change as long as no 3rd Party organizes and
presents a competent Offense to the American people, whom I consider to
be, near brain-dead and ultimately -- spoiled.

America has no Courageous Leaders at the present, and this will, in my
estimation, lead to a Dictatorship of the Right.  'Democracy' is
wonderful sounding... all have lead the common people down the road to
"me first" and "your vote counts" and such noble talk that translates
into..."Trust Government" -- they will do the thinking for you.

Corporate sponsorship of Presidential Debates determines who gets "in"
and who, Ralph Nader and Patrick Buchanan and lesser Schleps, remain on
the "out"-side looking in.

Thanks Claes, for the Common-Sense approach, To Preserve and Protect the
Environment from all Enemies, Foreign and Domestic.

Regards,

Rod