Claes Persson wrote:
> [...]
------------------------

Which is all just fine and mostly true, though it has little to do with
whether there is or is not a greater purpose in all of it than science
can discern. That's something science can't deal with.

I would add that while scientific guesses -- theories, if you prefer --
are supposed to be based on facts, it IS a fact that scientists of equal
credentials often come to very different conclusions working with the
same facts, particularly when the facts are as skimpy as they are in
paleontology.

Certain ones of the many converging theories that are presented to the
public as _the_ Theory of Evolution are based on very few facts, yet
certain scientists will cling religiously to those facts and the guesses
that they have manufacured out of those facts even when new facts are
discovered by their rivals that tend to prove their guesses wrong.

Again, none of which touches the yearning of some human beings for
greater understanding of the meaning and purpose of it all and the
mysteries of death and human consciousness.

I offer no guesses about the nature of God or about life-after-death or
any of the rest of it. I offer only the comment that it
demonstrates a remarkable lack of intellectual
curiosity about a large
component of the innner forces that have driven many great lives and
shaped much of human history.

Al Winslow
USA