----- Original Message -----
From: Al Winslow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 1:13 PM
Subject: RE: {W&P} East Timor's "independence": illusion and reality

> rod/christine wrote:
> > Hi Claes and list:
> >
> > This is along the lines of the United Nations, IMF, World Bank, blah,
> > blah.
> > The only thing left out is the US Treasury, but all the main players
> > (even
> > Bill Clinton!) are involved.
> >
> > Exploitation Incorporated (american style)
> >
> > ===
> >
> > East Timor's "independence": illusion and reality
> >
> > http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/may2002/timo-m18_prn.shtml
> >
> > ==============
> >

> > your pals,
> > r/c (R)
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> Maybe you think it would be better if the oil and gas companies stayed
> out of East Timor. The resources could stay underground, untouched.
>
> Explain how a country like East Timor can develop the wealth to support
> the population without the participation and interest of international
> capitalism. Basketweaving?
>
> AW

Hi all!

Just some thoughts:

It seems as the greed is going to win - again. Those vultures have been cirkling this
tiny half-island for years. Sometimes makeing deals with the inhabitants, sometimes
with each others and neglecting the inhabitants.

Now they are independent? Can any one country be independent in the globalization age?
Will this little nation get a fair deal?

Ok. The islanders may get a little more to put on the table if they are lucky. But not
beacuse the kind corporations let them, only if the corporations can not get nearly
all for them selves. Then who is going to stop the vulters from getting nealy all? It
must be a very good businessman to do that. And he better have an army, a navy and an
airforce behind him to back him up.

None of the corporations are interrested in the people. The people is just a
complication. Only the money counts and they follow the saying here in the south of
Sweden:

Business is business and if you can fool some one (or a nation) then that's business
too.

Claes Persson
SWEDEN
§( :8-)