Al Winslow wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > In a message dated 6/21/02 11:11:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >
> > > The USS Liberty: still covered up after 35 years
> > > http://www.yellowtimes.org/print.php?sid=399
> > >
> > > "Through it all, despite the passage of 35 years, controversy builds and
> > >

> > > interest in the subject continues to grow. Liberty survivors welcome the
> > >

> > > Cristols and Orens and misguided articles from Israel's defenders,
> > > because
> > > every published attack causes even more people to want to know what
> > > really
> > > happened to the USS Liberty. The continued controversy caused <A
> > > ttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0394505123/yellowtimes-20">Assault
> > >
> > > on
> > > the Liberty</A> to sell out months ago. It is being reprinted, and
> > > should be
> > > available soon."
> >
> > =====
> > All I can say is I sure hope the soon really means "soon" ... because
> > this
> > book has jump to the top of my must-read list!
> >
> > I did read some reviews of the book at B&N, including one review by a
> > sailor
> > who was on the ship when Israel attacked and sank it. I can't say that I
> >

> > remember the incident, but it doesn't surprise me to find out that
> > Israel
> > sank one of our spy ships so we wouldn't find out about and possibly
> > prevent
> > their attack on the Golan Heights. ... They are into land-grabbing,
> > aren't
> > they.
> >
> > Thanks for the heads-up!
> >
> > Lawana
> >

> -------------------
>
> The Liberty didn't sink. Some US personnel were killed when Israeli
> warplanes strafed it. There are several stories about why it happened.
> Mistaken identity is one. It's plausible. Another story is that the ship
>
> was recieving and sending encoded israeli communications and
> rebroadcasting them back to headquarters in the clear so that the Arabs
> could understand them. Eiother way, is was a terrible incident. The fact
>
> remains that israel issued an official apology. Small comfort to
> grieving families, but international relations and military service are
> fraught with sacrifices, dangers and compromises for the sake of
> strategic concerns that could touch the lives of millions of people.
> Israel and the United States are allies. Not friends. As Churchill said,
>
> "Nations don't have friends, they only have interests." Israel and the
> USA spy upon each other, just as the US and UK do to each other. Yet, we
>
> remain allied with certain nations even while we have disputes with
> them. That's how life works in the adult world.

===

"That's how life works in the adult world."

True, but "our interests" should (must) supercede those of the OTHER
adult's -interests-.  I believe, the *key* is to outlast
(outlive-outsmart) the OTHER adult.  Our children, are the *key* to our
continuing THIS life.  The children of "our" adult should be nurtured to
be "our" allies, not the OTHER adults children. [king of the hill theory
put into practice]

GO USA!!!

===

Rod

warning: It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.

fight the power

.