rod/christine wrote:

> Tell me, then - were you serious when you suggested that the Americans
> lob 10-12 (nuke-tipped) Tomahawks into Lebanon?
>
> Or were you jes' funnin' the list?

-----------------------------

Nuclear weapons are an option. I'm not talking about "lobbing" nukes in
a random way. The Bakaa Valley is full of terrorist encampments.
10-megaton thermonuclear warheads wouldn't be appropriate, but areas
could be bracketed with smaller warheads in the low-kiloton range,
killing great numbers of evildoers and preventing their doing harm to
our country. I expect the president will choose conventional forces but
it could be done quicker and cheaper with a dozen Tomahawks carrying
what they were originally designed to carry. Using
million-dollar-per-copy cruise missiles to deliver piddly little
800-pound conventional high explosive warheads doesn't get you much bang
for the buck.