Well, i wasn't around in 1923 when North Dakota did their thing.  Nor,
in 1940, when most every (other) state adopted the Sullivan theory of
guns.

Jesus's disciple pals had swords and knives (brass-knuckles?) helmets,
etc.

When i'm out mending fences or some other menial task that involves the
possible interaction with wild animals - badgers come to mind - always
carry a holstered gun and a rifle or shotgun in the pickup.  Common
sense.  North Dakota is a low-population agricultural state, so the
chance that, for instances, armed intruders, thieves, fiends,
murder-on-their-mind types, Bonnie & Clyde would be cool though.

Traveling (or vacationing) from state-to-state, one must call ahead to
see if it is alright to travel with a concealed weapon.  Many highway
robbers lie in wait for the unwary or unsuspecting soul and a "handy"
gun is the equalizer for most Showdowns.

The overwhelming population are in the cities and their ever-present
suburban sprawl - so the "gun question" takes on a different spin that
i'm not too familiar with so i'll leave it at that.  The Feds should
keep their "hooks off" - what individual States (citizens) decide to
enact into law.  However, too many laws the way it is.  Enforce the
present laws.

Gun Education & Handling should be mandatory "for all" in the public
schools.  Somewhat on the Switzerland model maybe.

I had another take on this article but i've lost it (and can't recall at
this time!)

Guns are good.

ps- This was a long article - yikes!

Rod