Claes Persson wrote:
> [...]

Millions of species went extinct long before human beings were on the
scene. It doesn't matter. That's life. That's how it works. Unsuccessful
species disappear. Successful ones survive and prosper. The human is
successful. There's no room for herds of millions of buffalo _and_ great
cities and bustling civilization. Leaving the earth as a living zoo may
appeal to certain esthetic tastes, but it is a luxury we can't afford.
HUMAN BEINGS come first.

Modern, civilized countries are learning how to re-forest lands rather
than stripping the timber and leaving the bare earth to be eroded.
That's one example of the many ways that modern economies are learning
to live the good life while protecting the planet's ability to renew the
resources we need.

As to the question of God...

You seem to think that the "clever chemistry" simply arose out of
nothingness and started to work its magic on inert matter. That sounds
like God by another name. You still haven't dealt with the mystery that
Lawana and I have acknowledged. Where did the impetus for that evolution
to begin come from? There is a great area of knowledge that your
superficial science can't deal with.

How could mankind's subtle, complex intelligence arise from
unintelligent mud? How could a dumb, cold chemical reaction produce,
finally, Vivaldi's "Four Seasons?"

There are large questions that science can't answer, much less answer.

Those who take refuge in atheism are merely ignoring the mystery, not
solving it.