----- Original Message -----
From: Al Winslow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 1:11 PM
Subject: RE: {W&P} SV: Common Sense

> Millions of species went extinct long before human beings were on the > scene. It
>doesn't matter. That's life. That's how it works. Unsuccessful > species disappear.
>Successful ones survive and prosper.

---That's what I said. Trial and error. They are extinct as the were not fit to
survive. Not beacuse they were poisened by idiotic actions of another spicie that
arrogantly spread, poisened and destoyed the biosphere. That's the difference.

The human is
> successful. There's no room for herds of millions of buffalo _and_ great
> cities and bustling civilization. Leaving the earth as a living zoo may
> appeal to certain esthetic tastes, but it is a luxury we can't afford.
> HUMAN BEINGS come first.

---Do you really think that life on earth can be sustained with only humans? I have
been sending an article to the list about that subject. No it can not. If there are
going to be a sustainable life on earth then the biosphere has to be complete. Or
else...

> Modern, civilized countries are learning how to re-forest lands rather
> than stripping the timber and leaving the bare earth to be eroded.
> That's one example of the many ways that modern economies are learning
> to live the good life while protecting the planet's ability to renew the
> resources we need.

---I must make you dissappointed, it's not the modern economies that learn how to not
destroy the biosphere. They have to be tought. Dragged screeming into the school. And
still there will always be the greedy ones that don't want to listen, and they are
winning the race.

> As to the question of God...
>
> You seem to think that the "clever chemistry" simply arose out of
> nothingness and started to work its magic on inert matter. That sounds
> like God by another name. You still haven't dealt with the mystery that
> Lawana and I have acknowledged. Where did the impetus for that evolution
> to begin come from? There is a great area of knowledge that your
> superficial science can't deal with.
>
> How could mankind's subtle, complex intelligence arise from
> unintelligent mud? How could a dumb, cold chemical reaction produce,
> finally, Vivaldi's "Four Seasons?"

---Of course it's not the "dumb" chemical reaction that's acting. It's its result. A
result (so far) that took about 7 million years from ape to humans. It evolved and
evolved. What do you think will be the result in a further 7 million years? Something
like what we think the E. T. look like? Un less we have poisoned ourself and all the
rest of the different life forms.

> There are large questions that science can't answer, much less answer.> Those who
>take refuge in atheism are merely ignoring the mystery, not> solving it.

---I think that it is the religious people that want to see a mystery where there is
none. For the churches this mystery is important in order to make an explanation for
the convergation that "proves" the excistence of their God. There are different levels
of intelligence in the different spiecis on land and see. The level of intelligence
follows quite weel the different stages of developement. Man and woman has developed
the highest (so far) but also the arrogance to think that the humans are "out of this
world", something spcial and therefore standing free from the rest of the life forms.
We have still, under our present brain, that reptilian brain. In the middleage human
thought that some God had created the world with the earth in the middle and
everything rotating aroud us, as of course we were the most important in the universe.
When the artonomic picture was changed and proven by scientific means beyond doubt we
(the humans) still wanted to say that we at least was "created" by a God. What a
climbe down on the ladder that was, when it looks like not even this can is true. We
have too much i common with the rest of the life forms in order not to be related to
the rest. Just studdy the skelletons! They are all, without exception, variations on
the same theme. And that include humans.

On the other hand - if the asteroid that is due 2019 really collide with us then that
may be the end of what is now.

Claes
§( :8-)