Claes Persson wrote:
> [...]
---------------------

Environmental extremists go to court to block the Forest Service from
stripping dead trees and undergrowth out of the forests, or allowing
lumber companies to do it. Because all those dead trees and brush remain
year after year there is an enormous amount of fuel to feed fires.

In the natural condition of forests, when human beings don't interfere
fires are started by lightening and burn off the undergrowth from time
to time. Living trees which are full of sap and water are not consumed
in these relatively small fires.

When humans interrupt that natural cycle, stopping those small fires
year after year and allowing the fuel to build up then the fires, when
they finally get started during dry times, are so well fuelled and so
extremely hot they conume EVEYTHING -- large living trees included. Then
the land is left truly denuded.

The environmentalists, in their zealous blind hatred of lumbering
companies are doing more harm than good. They are motivated by leftist
ideology, not by a true love of nature.