> Från: Al Winslow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Datum: 2002/08/02 Fri PM 12:49:41 CEST
> Till: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Ämne: RE: {W&P} Sv: Re: SV: Here's the text of the Skelton piece...
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >

> > > Från: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Datum: 2002/08/02 Fri AM 03:02:01 CEST
> > > Till: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Ämne: Re: SV: {W&P} Here's the text of the Skelton piece...

> > > ==============================
> > > America would sign that treaty if the same rules were applied to all the
> > >
> > > countries. But the way it's written, we end up getting our economy
> > > ruined
> > > while other nations get a free pass to pollute as much as they want
> > > to.....
> > >
> > > Lawana
> >
> > How could any country that's nearly use no petrol save, in absolute
> > numbers the same amount as the country that's polluting 25% of an 6% of
> > the earth inhabitants? The dirtiest have the most cleaning to do. If you
> > have been building your economy on polluting it's your problem, right?
> >
> > Claes
> > §( :8-)
> >
> ----------------------------------
>
> The productivity of the USA is one of the most important factors in the
> prosperity enjoyed by the developed world. Productivity can't be
> achieved without consuming resources. If you cripple the US economy for
> some imaginary leftist/enviromental-wacko reason you will, at the same
> time, wreck the global economy.
>
> Europeans who enjoy their computors, cars, and modern comforts would be
> wise to pause and think about how intertwined the economies of all
> nations are. If you damage us you damage yourself.
>
> In short, a poverty-stricken USA wouldn't be able to buy your products.
> Think about it.
>
> The USA is actually one of the most conscientious nations in maintaining
> environmental standards in industry.
>
> Red China, which is growing rapidly in output as it begins to adopt more
> capitalistic practices in its business operations, is one of the most
> reckless nations from an environmental standpoint.
>
> A treaty that allows China to pollute without restraint while it puts
> draconian environmental restrictions on  the USA, which is the great
> engine of the western world's economy, is a ridiculous idea.

Still... To do nothing is what's called a Döbelns medicine. Witch needs an expalnation.

von Döbeln was a general that had been wounded and had great pain in his tent by his
forces in the finnish war. He was forbidden by his doctor to participate in the next
battle. But he had to, and the doctor moved away all medicine and said: allright, you
can act to day, but to morrow it will be seven times worse. He went out to his forces
and they won the battle inspired by his appearance. but the day after the pain was
seven times worse.

We are talking about what's going to be done for the future. Not what have been done
in the past. No matter how good and clever that has been. That will not help for the
future. Sorry.

Claes
§( :8-)

WebMail från Tele2 http://www.tele2.se