[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Från: Al Winslow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Datum: 2002/08/02 Fri PM 02:46:35 CEST
> > Till: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Ämne: RE: {W&P} Sv: RE: Sv: Re: SV: Here's the text of the Skelton
> > piece...
> > -----------------------------
> >
> > For the future, it would be wise for the world to stop using phony
> > environmental concerns as a means to undermine the strength of the USA.
> >
> > Any international treaty on pollution will have to be fair and
> > even-handed. China will have to scrub the smoke from its factories
> > exactly as we do. Or no treaty.
> >
> > Most of the whining and carping about the Kyoto Treaty has nothing to do
> >
> > with real concern for the environment. It's politics -- anti-US
> > politics. People really concerned with the environment would
> > insist upon a realistic treaty that treats Communist smokestacks exactly
> >
> > the same os US smokestacks.
> >

> I think that's not what you are after. You want no treatment of US
> smokestacks.
>
> Claes

US smokestacks have long since been the subject of very restrictive _US_
pollution-control laws. We don't need the advice of foreigners about how
to manage our lives, thank you. If you want to see to it that the air is
clean, turn your attention to Red China. If they aren't too busy
murdering Tibetans maybe they'll listen -- but I doubt it.