The last picture (if you would not like a picture of me in front of the ships). My friend Clas Svensson (83, 200 pounds) standing beside one of the smaller commuter ships. Behind it you can see the rests of the longship (the back side ot it. I could not get all the 30 meters in my camera. These are the real things. The longship has been buildt (accoring to the wood) in the years 1042 - 1043. And was repaired in the year 1060. The rings in the wood was to the archeologists surprise not fitting the pattern of Denmark. They had to look on woodpatterns further away and found that the longship had been buildt in the neibourhood of Dublin, Ireland, then a viking settlement.

The vikings were waging quite a lot of wars and plundering, but I think that the King of Denmark had to give up his claim over England and Ireland in 1066. However, many of the inhabitants in different places on those islands have viking blood in them. Quite a lot of war and Politics in those days, right?

Claes
§( :8-)

Claes
§( :8-)