[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In a message dated 8/6/2002 8:44:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > The European press isn't censored. It simply tends to be heavily biased
> > against the USA. They are perfectly free to be as dishonest in thier
> > reporting and as one-sided in their editorials as they like. And I am
> > free to point it out. I'd say roughly the same about a fairly large
> > segment of the US press.
>
> ======
> How very, very true... sometimes not by what they do say, but by what
> they
> don't say ... the 2000 election is a perfect example ..... what happened
> in
> Florida was rammed down our throats ad nauseum ... but the buying of
> votes in
> Chicago, the polls staying open until almost 10pm in St. Louis, the
> letter
> telling illegal aliens how and where they could cast their votes in
> California .... how much did you hear about that?
>
> And in Florida -- how many times did you see anyone point out the fact
> that
> while the first date could (and was) changed in Gore's favor, the second
> date
> was carved in stone and couldn't be changed by anyone ... they don't
> mention
> that, do they...
>
> The "poor, mistreated democrats" are to busy pointing out that Al
> "really did
> win and George was selected, not elected" ... and the fact that Bush won
> the
> electoral vote by any and all recounts ...... well, that's become a
> "don't
> ask, DON'T TELL" ...
>
> Right here in Oregon ... while Bush was ahead ... an election official
> was
> overheard telling ??? not to worry, "Gore will win Oregon -- I can
> Guarantee
> It" ..... and lo and behold -- Gore suddenly lept ahead ... makes you
> wonder,
> doesn't it ..... (in case you don't know -- the whole state of Oregon is
> vote
> by mail ... and a good portion of us have to use the Florida-type chad
> ballots)

-----------------

The NY Times and all the other media outfits that paid for those
recounts would still be playing it in six-inch red headlines if even one
recount had shown that Gore had more votes in Florida.

I'm still waiting to hear some in-depth analysis from Democrats about
why Gore couldn't even win in his home state of Tennessee. I hope the
Dems nominate him again. It'll be an easy win for the lesser of evils
[that's me] if they do.

Of course unless something startling happens in the next two years, we
[the Republicans, that is] will blow 'em out in a landslide in 2004.

I'm concerned about this year's congressional elections. Not much I need
to do here. Virginia and this district are pretty firmly Republican. We
did elect a Democrat governor, but he's an opportunist who does a pretty
good imitation of a Republican.

The NY Times is getting ridiculous with it obvious anti-Bush bias. The
Washinton Times is the only decent ewspaper left in the country.