Am Donnerstag, 6. April 2006 17:35 schrieb Christian Ohm:
> On Thursday,  6 April 2006 at 12:35, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> > P.S. Do you have any idea what could have caused bug # 5655
> > (http://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=5655) ?
>
> Well, this bug contains two issues.
Mostly I was interested in your opinion on the sound-problem, as this looks
really weird to me. (Like no, or a wrong, OpenAL32.dll is loaded.)

> 1. The sound problem: If this worked with r53, my changes have broken
> the windows version, though I don't see where/how. Seems like I have to
> set up a windows build environment... Was the Windows version compiled
> with mingw/msys?
Yes, MSys-1.0.10, MinGW-3.4.5 (using installer 5.0.2).
All files needed for compilation (libs, headers) should be present in
http://download.gna.org/warzone/snapshots/windows/extras/Warzone-Runtime.exe

> 2. The beams: I haven't found out where the non-transparency was
> introduced, as it is masked by the shadows. All SVN revisions since
> revision 43 (which added the shadow toggle) have this problem when the
> shadows are deactivated. But I don't know if it was introduced with r43
> or was present before that.

> What I have noticed is that the white
> moving bars sometimes get blurred since r43 (eg. when starting "Fast
> Play", not when loading the main menu, not when quitting to the main
> menu).
*g* I thought this would be a nice new feature. Didn't know it was unintended.
Think we should find out what has caused it and then not fix it. :)