On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 0:59:12 +0100 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 06:11:07 -0500 The Watermelon
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> Did you remove the hardcoded framerate of 60 before?
>>> Otherwise you will hardly get anymore than 60fps...
>>>
>> no I dont know how to measure performance with opengl,it seems
>> doing one
>> glBegin() and glEnd() per a vertex/polygon is not very brilliant
>> though.Andthe draw terrain function should 'merge' all visible
>> tiles
>> into one big
>> 'polygon' and draw it rather than draw them separately as 'grids'
>> imo.
>>
> Yes, lots of glBegin/End is performance killer.  Maybe display list
> might be way to go until major changes to gfx engine.  One big
> polygon in memory? It is waste is not?  Only visable is drawn
> correct?
>
> The FPS meter was not put in from the the berlios 2.0.2.3 branch.
> Maybe that should be reintegrated to view fps?
FPS can currently already be displayed. It requires you to start WZ with
the --cheat parameter, then in game enable DEBUG-mode (left
shift+backspace), then press left control+Y or chat-type (press t to do
so) 'timedemo', that'll output the current average FPS and some other
stats to console.

--
Giel