Am Montag, 1. Januar 2007 19:10 schrieb Troman:
> [...]
I am _very_ sorry if you misunderstood that!

Actually I meant that Watermelon should check more thoroughly if the changes
he makes don't break anything.
I know and understand that you can't check every weapon.
But Watermelon could have checked the weapons he modified. And if he did it,
this all wouldn't have happened, since there would not have been 2 patches
with some bug in it. (While I still don't understand why he wanted to stop
homing missiles from ... homing.)

Again I don't want to attack anyone, incl. Watermelon, but it would be nice if
he could submit his patches with better testing or explicitly state that they
are untested.

I think this another confusion, because of my ambigous use of "you". :(
And probably I also mixed "commit" with "submit", so the confusion was
complete.

--Dennis

PS: At the time I wrote that commit message, I was just a little bit angry
that a bug which I just stripped out of a patch had suddenly reappeared.

When I tested the other patch, I wondered about the comment about removing
homing missiles, but didn't notice the problem those few lines created.
That I found the bug was pure luck, because the SCOURGE cyborgs are the last
in the unit list in the cheat menu. If they wouldn't have been, this bug had
probably been allready commited earlier by me (and not by you, Troman).
When it then would have been found I wouldn't have feeled any anger, because I
wouldn't have "just fixed it".

So this is probably just a chain of (bad) luck.
What stays is that Watermelon sometimes seems to submit not very thoroughly
tested/reviewed patches...
(I really like your changes, they are awesome! It's just that the code seems
to have more often some apparently overlooked / unchecked changes.)

A (real and honest) tip for you:
Before you submit a patch, review it again. Editors with syntax highlighting
for GNU diff/patch are certainly a good help for this.
Look at every line, think if they are needed, what they actually do and why
you changed them.
Then try to test those changes in the game. (Unit-test like.)