On 3/15/07, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, we are talking about 2 things here.
1. The original nonsense I wrote this mail for was that >> is equivalent
to /
when operating on POT values. So >> could be replaced with the more
intuitive /.
2. There was the idea to store world and tile coordinates seperately. (At
least that's what I understood.) As this is also mentioned in Gems4, I
gave
the above example.

1.you can change it to /,though it'll be hard to know whether that has a
performance hit or not,since every performance killer function is
overshadowed by the renderer(which takes 1-10x times(depends on your gfx
card's gpu and memory speed,I think that might also explains why wz runs
poorly on some radeon cards with weak gpu) more cpu time than all other
stuff sum up) atm...
2.not sure if storing both will be beneficial or not,think you need updating
both every frame if you do so.