On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 05:27:30 -0400 Per Inge Mathisen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On 4/28/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <> wrote:
>> Why is debug build no default for building with mingw/msys
>/linux?
>> I think this why people no see asserts!  You must do --enable-
>debug
>> now for it to enable debug mode.
>
>IMHO, I think --enable-debug=yes should be the default for all but
>release builds.
>
>> Finally found problem.  In rev 227 works, all after do not, it
>> asserts in map.
>> Difference is debug routines (in 229?)?  I am too tire now, so
>> can't check for sure, but maybe someone check reason?
>
>That would be the change that made the assert visible in MSVC
>builds.
>Earlier than this, asserts were just ignored on MSVC. For quite a
>while, asserts were disabled for all builds.
>
>Can you post a backtrace of and instructions for how to reproduce
>the
>assert you are seeing?
>
>  - Per

I try with mingw/msys also, so it not MSVC specifics.  You mean
asserts are ignore in windows builds no matter what compiler?

Download the map that Dev fix and posted to mailing list.   Then
install maps.
Start one player skirmish.
Then start game.  (4 player game).
Now move to the center of map where there is raised area with water
in middle.
It will start to assert when you near.

For backtrace, I am not sure how to do this in mingw/sys.  I can do
this in MSVC OK when I abort.  All values in range,
h=0223 + dx=-4 + dy=-3 * ELEVATION_SCALE=2
h=0223 + dx=-3 + dy=-2 * ELEVATION_SCALE=2
h=0216 + dx=-3 + dy=-3 * ELEVATION_SCALE=2
h=0216 + dx=-3 + dy=-2 * ELEVATION_SCALE=2

....hits this asserts...(and others also)
retVal = (SDWORD)((h0 + dx + dy) * ELEVATION_SCALE);
ASSERT((retVal<MAX_HEIGHT,"Map height's gone weird!!!"));
return ((SWORD)retVal);

retVal > MAX_HEIGHT should be maybe ??

// Maximun expected return value from get height
#define MAX_HEIGHT                      (256 * ELEVATION_SCALE)

so MAX_HEIGHT = 512

error   : Assert in Warzone: file map.c:1450 : map_Height
(retVal<MAX_HEIGHT), last script event: 'chooseScoutArea'
error   : Map height's gone weird!!!
error:      Error in Warzone: file map.c, function map_Height, line
1480
error:      Map height's gone weird!!!
error:      Error in Warzone: file map.c, function map_Height, line
1499
error:      Map height's gone weird!!!

--
Click for free info on online degrees and make $150K/ year
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1S7YlMML7sMitnjesMKT46dlWe/