Am Sonntag, 6. Mai 2007 schrieb Ari Johnson:
> On 5/6/07, Per Inge Mathisen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 5/6/07, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > As you say that you use Xcode, that implies that the AC_DEFINE I added
> > > to configure.ac is unnecessary for you?
> > > It is probably unecessary for anyone else, since we also require
> > > AC_GNU_SOURCE, which implies _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 and thus also
> > > _POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L.
> >
> > Only for Glibc, and glibc is only used on linux (and HURD, but, eh...).
As long as we don't interfer with AC_GNU_SOURCE when defining
_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 for all non MinGW32 system, it should work the current way,
then.

> > > And as CMake advertises that it can generate Xcode and MSVC projects,
> > > as well as Makefiles, I guess that would be the easiest solution.
> >
> > If only someone could make it work on Windows...
>
> I have written about this before.  Cmake will *not* work with the way
> I have the Xcode project set up.  I have it set up to automatically
> download and build dependencies, including some patches to the
> dependencies to make them work properly as universal binaries (some of
> the code was confused about what CPU it was being compiled for).
> Things are fine the way they are now.
Ok, then we probably don't need CMake. At least not for MacOS.
The current Autotools seem to work quite nicely, raw is maintained by Giel,
which leaves only the poor MSVC users, who only have Troman with SVN access,
but he afaik doesn't use the shiped project files.

-_Dennis