Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2007 schrieb Jose Ivey:
> Dennis Schridde wrote:

> >> the wz window will never regain focus if other window gains focus when
> >> wz window is active after this revision...I think that IGNORE_LOSS_FOCUS
> >> wasnt there for no reason...
> >
> > Er... Sorry, what?
> >
> > You mean if something like an IM pops up while you play WZ, you will not
> > be able to switch back? Or WZ will not reawake then? Or is the problem
> > completely different?
> > I was perfectly able to switch apps back and forth with WZ reacting as
> > expected...
>
> I've seen the problem vz is describing. if the game loses focus (switch
> to another app, etc) during startup (for certain) and some other times
> (not sure which) I cannot regain focus/control of the app. The only
> solution has been to restart the game.  XP, SP2, MSVC, debug.
This must be a Windows only problem. Maybe you can make up the problem in
Windows specific codepaths in WZ, otherwise it would be a bug in SDL (i.e. it
is missing to send the regain focus event), which I would not assume, since
it would be a pretty obvious one.

When testing it in the way you described I even discovered that the focus lost
is buggy: When it finishes the loading, it ends up in the normal (non paused)
mode (i.e. sound is playing), even though it is in the background, without
focus. So when setting the game states after loading, it simply discards the
paused flag here.