Ari Johnson schreef:
> On 6/4/07, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Ari Johnson schreef:
>>
>>> Reverted changes from r1417 and r1421 that used 'bool' instead of
>>> 'BOOL' and thereby prevented the code from building
>>>
>> Does this really _not_ compile ? Because it _should_ compile. (Even with
>> a non-C99 compatible compiler).
>>
>> Just look at lib/framework/types.h:
>>
>>> // If we are C99 compatible, the "bool" macro will be defined in
>>> <stdbool.h> (as _Bool)
>>> #if defined(WZ_C99)
>>> # include <stdbool.h>
>>> #else
>>> // Pretend we are C99 compatible (well, for the bool type then)
>>> # ifndef bool
>>> #  define bool BOOL
>>> # endif
>>> # ifndef true
>>> #  define true (1)
>>> # endif
>>> # ifndef false
>>> #  define false (0)
>>> # endif
>>> # ifndef __bool_true_false_are_defined
>>> #  define __bool_true_false_are_defined (1)
>>> # endif
>>> #endif /* WZ_C99 */
>>>
>> So if that code doesn't compile when using "bool", please fix the above
>> code in types.h instead of reverting back to "BOOL".
>>
>> The only scenario I can think of is that the compiler you use claims to
>> be C99 compatible, but doesn't provide macros: "bool", "true", "false"
>> and "__bool_true_false_are_defined" (which it _should_ provide if it
>> claims C99 compatibility). Although I might look over something.
>>
> Every other place in the code uses BOOL.  Only these two lines used
> bool.  Lines immediately above and below each of them used BOOL.
>
> C99 also provides <stdbool.h>, which on my system defines 'bool'.
> Have you read the standard?  See
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1124.pdf p. 253,
> which says that stdbool.h defines the bool type.

Actually, yes I have read the C99 standard just to create that piece of
code ^^ in types.h. If you look carefully then you see that all the
#ifndef statements are only executed when I the compiler doesn't claim
to support C99. So that piece of code _simulates_ C99 capability for
non-C99 compilers.

--
Giel